Friday, July 1, 2011

Fountain of Nations at Epcot


Imagineering the Shot
"Epcot’s Fountain of Nations is one of my all-time favorite things to shoot in Walt Disney World. For this shot I knew I wanted to use a long exposure in order to blur the water and make it look smooth. I also decided to use HDR to capture the huge range of highlights and shadows throughout the scene. Because it was not yet dark outside I used a circular polarizing filter to block some light and enhance the color in the sky. I also set my aperture to f/22 and my ISO to 100 to give me the longest possible exposure. The resulting 3 shutter speeds were 2 seconds (EC = 0), 0.5 seconds (EC = -2), and 8 seconds (EC = +2). In this case EC stands for exposure compensation. To accomplish this, I set up my tripod right up against the railing and enabled Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB) and set the timer to countdown from 2 seconds to eliminate any camera shake that comes from pressing the shutter release button."

Related Posts by Categories



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Online Marketing

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts